Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summit Cheeseburger - Buck Hill, North Dakota


Mom and Dad chillin' by the grill at the "trailhead".
 
June 25th, 2010 - Theodore Roosevelt National Park, North Dakota
My parents were celebrating their 38th wedding anniversary with a camping trip to Medora, North Dakota. They asked me a few months in advance if I'd like to drive out to see them since it's much much more convenient to drive 400 miles to see them than 1000.

Before leaving I did the mandatory "I'm going on a trip so I'd best look up local summit cheeseburger opportunities" and found Buck Hill and it's location along the scenic drive through Theodore Roosevelt National Park. The opportunity to pack the Weber, some ground beef, cheese, and potato salad into the back of the truck was too juicy to pass up. Mom, Dad, and I grilled burgers at the trailhead and then carried them along with some Cokes up to the Summit, took a photo and then relaxed and enjoyed the view.
 

Sam, Mike and Ann conquering Buck Hill in Theordore Roosevelt National Park
blog comments powered by Disqus